Author Topic: CCM CXR 125 engines  (Read 3309 times)

Fluxocity

CCM CXR 125 engines
« on: December 21, 2010, 19:13:35 »
Apparently made out of tin foil and toffee, bend valve, obliterated spark plug, piston and head after factory prescribed servicing and a mere 3000km.  Factory says its happening to most of the CXR125s they've sold, hence the reason they no longer sell them but wont replace my engine because I got the book stamped up at a non-authorised dealer. Oh well, 700+vat quid for the 125 or 500 for the 230, I guess mine is going to become a 230.

Offline patrick644

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
Re: CCM CXR 125 engines
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 19:23:32 »
Sic transit gloria mundi

or just: b*gger them for doing what everyone else is doing.

Think the Italians are the last ones left who are putting their hearts into making bikes.

:-[
644Ds
SM spoked wheels
K&N
164 mains
airbox lid on
Quill exhaust
Acerbis Cyclops headlight
Kent cam

Fluxocity

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 20:59:05 »
I wish I'd bought the same crap from ebay for £700 and I wouldn't be smarting quite as much now.  This thing was only ever meant to get me through my test but 1800 miles just doesn't cut the mustard.  I suppose I wont have to buy another bike for a while now I'm getting a larger engine.  So long as nothing else goes wrong, which to be quite honest I'm not holding my breath about since I've had the swing arm spindle head shear off within 200 miles of new, ignition coil failed last week and there's a fault with the tail light which causes it to contiuously blow about every other week (literally).  This is in 3 months of ownership.

Don't think I'll be buying one of the bigger bikes you lads have after this experience, sorry if you don't appreciate the sentiment but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

Offline lazybones51

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • Live Life Sideways
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 21:21:06 »
Unfortunately the 125, 230 etc are all Chinese made crap , no offense meant. The CCM 644 and CCM 404 where the last proper decent bikes CCM produced, along with the rare specials like the flat trackers and old style trail bike etc.

02 644 DS yellow , TPS Adjusted, TVL Removed, No airbox lid, GSXR Ti Can, Twin Air Filter, Needles 2nd clip from bottom, 150 mains, 25 pilots, Air screw 2 3/4 turns.
520 Chain Conversion - Offroad 16/50 -  Supermoto 16/45, 
UFO Ray Halogen headlight / DRC Edge 2 tail light
Broken for parts, prices and photos here                                  

Fluxocity

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 22:29:47 »
I'm in absolute agreement about the crap part.  For the £2k I spent I could have a new suzuki, kicking myself.  So you're saying don't buy new CCM anyway?

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • If it aint broke, I can fix it till it is!!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 22:46:41 »
CCM built here is OK, Chinese is the problem. Someone told me they are building a batch of R35's at the moment and they are made with decent kit.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Black 644 R30, Acewell 2853 Display, Carbon Fibre Dash, Rad Guard, Hugger and Sprocket Cover, Quill T3 can, 150 mains/27.5 pilots, Kent Fast Road Cam, K&N air filter, Maxxis Goldspeeds.

I started out with nothing…..and I’ve still got most of it left! :bigthumb:

Offline patrick644

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:25:09 »
CCM built here is OK, Chinese is the problem. Someone told me they are building a batch of R35's at the moment and they are made with decent kit.

Would anyone still be prepared to trust them?
644Ds
SM spoked wheels
K&N
164 mains
airbox lid on
Quill exhaust
Acerbis Cyclops headlight
Kent cam

Offline richr

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 09:46:15 »
Apparently made out of tin foil and toffee, bend valve, obliterated spark plug, piston and head after factory prescribed servicing and a mere 3000km.  Factory says its happening to most of the CXR125s they've sold, hence the reason they no longer sell them but wont replace my engine because I got the book stamped up at a non-authorised dealer. Oh well, 700+vat quid for the 125 or 500 for the 230, I guess mine is going to become a 230.

im sure i read somewhere that providing the bike shop doing the work is qualyfied you can get work done there and it doesnt affect your waranty
it originally came up with car dealers and went to court so it might be worth digging a bit deeper

just a thought
in life's doldrums waiting for the next ride on my

r30 710 kit wire wheels can not in whisper mode and led bits now sold and gone on holiday to the seaside

Offline BOM

• CCM Rider
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 11:54:57 »
Absolutely agree with Rich ... I hate it when manufacturers try and pull this one when its blatantly not fact.
 :rant:

As long as the bike has been serviced in accordance with the schedule then the warranty is unaffected

some reading for you then get back on the case to CCM is my advice and dont let them fob you off with big warranty talk :bigthumb: that and the fact that there is obviously an inherrant issue with the engines which appear to fail even when they are serviced by the far superior CCM dealer should indicate that the issue would happen anyway and they should be solely responsible and do the honest thing.

Offline beachbum

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 13:16:47 »
Had a similar issue with a new car, it was serviced by the manufacturer at first service and i wasnt happy with the advice i was given (advised that front brake pads needed replaceing when less than 40% worn) so it was serviced by a proffessional, qualified, mechanic to the manufacturers schedule and i was given that bullshit when makeing a warranty claim, soon backed down though :rant:
xt550 antique

Offline Monty

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • one more than ed :) maybe not now :(
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 15:17:52 »
Same advice as Bom and Richr, So long as a reputable service engineer has done the work in accordance with the schedule and stamped the book, CCM should still be liable for any warrenty work needed

more pics here

Offline motomaniac

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 19:43:41 »
fluxocity.. off topic a bit, but are you "flux"..  from the nmro rideout and various bike forums???   :tractor: :tractor:

Fluxocity

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 22:11:37 »
BOM, Beachbum, Monty, cheers lads, I have a degree in writing pi&&y letters so I'll get on the case.  Thanks for the much needed moral support!

Motomaniac, no mate, never been on a ride out with anyone except myself!  This is my first bike and first bike forum membership too :)

Fluxocity

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 22:27:13 »
Just for lols:

bighit

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 22:30:55 »
not looking good .  seen a few lorry heads with melted pistons .must have been some heat in there