Author Topic: New CCM models ?  (Read 3510 times)

Offline bestcraft

• CCM Rider
New CCM models ?
« on: March 10, 2011, 12:45:28 »
Hi all,

Just having a browse on the CCM website and came across what appear to be 2 new models -

XTR-4 in 500 & 300 variants.

Does anybody know anything about these -  the price certainly looks right.

Not thinking of replacing my DS404 in the near future, but interesting to know whats out there.

Are they still Suzuki based - the smaller engine doesn`t look familiar.

Further info anybody ?

Cheers,

John
DS404 with Athena 450 conversion, K & N filter, Scorpion can & probably a load of other bits I havn`t come across yet - STOLEN on 03/11/2011

Triumph Sprint 900 - but looking for a decent Rotax engined CCM to keep it company

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • If it aint broke, I can fix it till it is!!
Re: New CCM models ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 13:00:21 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi all,

Just having a browse on the CCM website and came across what appear to be 2 new models -

Not thinking of replacing my DS404 in the near future, but interesting to know whats out there.

Further info anybody ?

Cheers,

John

Well not new; just well hidden.
There was talk about them a good while ago but I don't think anyone on here owns one unless it's a well kept secret, at the time we suspected they were another Chinese import.

Perhaps we can get some facts on them from a gent I know.
Black 644 R30, Acewell 2853 Display, Carbon Fibre Dash, Rad Guard, Hugger and Sprocket Cover, Quill T3 can, 150 mains/27.5 pilots, Kent Fast Road Cam, K&N air filter, Maxxis Goldspeeds.

I started out with nothing…..and I’ve still got most of it left! :bigthumb:

Offline bestcraft

• CCM Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 13:05:33 »
I did wonder that myself, but was too polite to suggest it - they do have a bit of a chinese look about them though.

Hope someone comes up with some info.

John
DS404 with Athena 450 conversion, K & N filter, Scorpion can & probably a load of other bits I havn`t come across yet - STOLEN on 03/11/2011

Triumph Sprint 900 - but looking for a decent Rotax engined CCM to keep it company

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 13:11:48 »
I sent a message so maybe.
Black 644 R30, Acewell 2853 Display, Carbon Fibre Dash, Rad Guard, Hugger and Sprocket Cover, Quill T3 can, 150 mains/27.5 pilots, Kent Fast Road Cam, K&N air filter, Maxxis Goldspeeds.

Offline bestcraft

• CCM Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 21:48:41 »

Thanks for the great info Steve, facinating stuff indeed !

Like many people I still have a degree of resistance to Chinese manufactured stuff, but it would be interesting to get hold of one and see what it really is like to own.  I have in the past owned Ural/Dneiper things and the reallity was easily as bad as the myths - but still damn good fun, likewise the MZ`s & BSA singles I`ve also had.

We`ll have to see what happens, sooner or later someone on here must buy one . . . . . . . . . . in about 12 months time when the 404 is paid for, it might be time for something to keep it company :)

Cheers,

John

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 21:55:07 »

Thanks for the great info Steve, facinating stuff indeed !

Like many people I still have a degree of resistance to Chinese manufactured stuff, but it would be interesting to get hold of one and see what it really is like to own.  I have in the past owned Ural/Dneiper things and the reallity was easily as bad as the myths - but still damn good fun, likewise the MZ`s & BSA singles I`ve also had.

We`ll have to see what happens, sooner or later someone on here must buy one . . . . . . . . . . in about 12 months time when the 404 is paid for, it might be time for something to keep it company :)

Cheers,

John

Hi John,
still hoping for news from CCM on availability, if I get anything it will go in this thread. It's a bit worrying that the "Coming Soon" sign is the same one as pictured last October.  :o

Offline BenB404

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • Price changes according to customers attitude!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 23:43:32 »
Hi all,

Further info anybody ?

Cheers,

John

There was talk about them a good while ago but I don't think anyone on here owns one unless it's a well kept secret, at the time we suspected they were another Chinese import.

Dear God I hope not... yak!
Before:

After:

CCM 404DS 2004, 155/70/38 Jetting approx (forgot). EMM Needle, Taffy accelerator pump mod, iridium plug, K&N Filter, R30 straight through exhaust, custom mx headlight unit. Gearing at 14T and 42T.

Offline rodders

• CCM Rider
  • NON Tractor !!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 17:52:52 »
I did send an inquiry to CCM via it,s website,The response was,ent good,It went sumut like- Chinese bikes are not everybody,s cup of tea,Perhaps you (thats me) should consider our 404 with the Suzuki engine.
I deduce from this that the bike is made in china and they dont want me to know where the engine originates from!Oh dear!!another nail in the CCM cofin. :thud:
All valve lift control crap gone, Air box gone, 27.5 pilots and 150 mains fitted, standard needles Middle notch, K and N fitted, TPS done, CAT gone, Straight through Scorpion can fitted.Vapour unit fitted. Sorted init.

Offline patrick644

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 18:22:57 »
Thought they might one day come out with a street legal version of their 450 competition bike ... at the top end of the price range ... with all the bells & whistles. Carbon sub-frame etc. etc.  Just waiting to be uncorked. It´d be real competition for KTM, Husky & Berg. Just dreaming ... :sheep:
644Ds
SM spoked wheels
K&N
164 mains
airbox lid on
Quill exhaust
Acerbis Cyclops headlight
Kent cam

Offline BenB404

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • Price changes according to customers attitude!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 22:13:03 »
I wouldnt of thought 'Not everyones cuppa tea' is the right reply from any company to a potential customer.

Fair enough on the 125s... CCM are known for their competition bikes... Chinese 125s is just a profit maker, can't blame any business for filling a market...
But sacrificing the very reputation in the reason why 'CCM followers' buy a CCM, by making there competition bikes in China, thats bad. I wouldnt touch anything chinese built. (Not that British build quality is amazing)  ;D

Any idea what other bikes in the future will be built in China? *fingers crossed*
Before:

After:

CCM 404DS 2004, 155/70/38 Jetting approx (forgot). EMM Needle, Taffy accelerator pump mod, iridium plug, K&N Filter, R30 straight through exhaust, custom mx headlight unit. Gearing at 14T and 42T.

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 13:13:11 »
Hi all,

Further info anybody ?

Cheers,

John

I'm told there won't be any of the 300/500 Puzey bikes because they are no longer manufactured, CCM just had a trial batch.

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 13:22:18 »
You may be interested in the new Bolton designed; Bolton built 450 Dual Sport which is hoped will be on sale later this year, summer was the early planned date but it could be later. There is no announcement on engine manufacturer.
 :secret:

If the spec looks good I'll have one, my R30 is getting tired and needs a rebuild. Reckon if I get rid of the scoot while the wife is out I can swap it for a new DS and she won't notice, I'll just throw the same old dirty cover over it.  :clever:

Offline pickle

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • fly like a sick burd over the turd
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 17:48:53 »
would only be interested if the yammy motor  :shake: is in it, had a chinese bike before so not gonna make that mistake again  :no:
2002 yel. 644 DS sumo spokeys wearing Maxxis presa's F&R (trailly's stored), 15/45 gearing, 750S-RAD TPS 76% ,Gub-gon-cap'd,Needle?, nippon denso plugs, Jetsx2(150m/27.5), Twinair dualphase no lid, std cam/barrel, metal gaskets, Titanium Quill T3, 20 mil bar raised Gold fattys, Carbon Fibre ;Airduct/modded R30 Hugger/Glideplate &, H-D bushes, 31k miles, Hi-Flo 137 oil filter, fuhc's Silko super 4t 10w40, DTR stop/tail light,steel tube pillionpegs. white clocks

Offline patrick644

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 18:03:56 »
It´s very much like the Terra Modena (so they tell me here). Only more modern with an LED headlight, a Helmholtz resonance chamber on the zorst, the sprocket is mounted on the swinger link etc. etc. (and the engine is manufactured by Mercedes). A Power Commander is permanently attached to the EFI and automatically adjusts to variations in fuel quality, altitude density etc.  and it has a Sutter anti-hopping clutch. Think I like the gel decal on the tank best of all. They´re only making one ... so it´s MINE.

PS

Hope you don´t think that I believe any of this ...
644Ds
SM spoked wheels
K&N
164 mains
airbox lid on
Quill exhaust
Acerbis Cyclops headlight
Kent cam

Offline bestcraft

• CCM Rider
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 20:30:10 »
Wow, what a load of good info.

Must admit I have always liked CCMs because of the link to the BSA unit singles.  I had a Barracuda when I was 17 and most other variants since - got rid of my last one about 4 years ago due to the ever rising cost and scarcity of spares making them, in my skinflint opinion,  unecconomic to use as everyday transport.

I also had an Armstrong MT500 which I loved - the Rotax motor was great and the whole package retained its 'British Bike' feel.

I do think that the made in Britain thing is really important to the CCM brand and hope that they do not merely become an importer of rebadged stuff from the far east

Good to hear there is a new UK based model on the way, do we know which engine it will have ? perhaps they should do a deal with BMW for their sweet 650 single motor ?